The main characteristic that makes organic fertilizer with humus so recommendable for crops is that it is very stable and this is due to the fact that its elements are so decomposed that they cannot decompose any further, that is, they are not transformed.
You may not know it but humus is also among the different types of organic compost that can be found naturally in nature but only in small quantities.
The advantages that humus can offer the soil are quite good, and it is that during its decomposition process, this fertilizer can provide nitrogen, magnesium, and other very beneficial elements for your crops.
The most important thing you should know about this fertilizer is that it is so effective due to the action that different bacteria and types of fungi that act on the soil and the different elements found in it have on decomposition.
Índice de contenido
How can compost with humus be produced?
There are several ways to produce organic compost with hummus, one of the most common being compost with earthworm humus. The decision of what type of elements to add when producing this type of fertilizer should be yours, in the same way, below we will tell you about some of the most recommended ingredients to create this organic fertilizer.
It is advisable to add several elements to the soil so that the percentage of humus in it gradually increases.
The ingredients that you must add to your organic fertilizer are varied, but usually they must be mainly of vegetable origin. Among these can be mentioned, for example, waste of plant origin such as weed cuttings.
On the other hand, it is important to also add some ingredients or elements of animal origin, at this point is where the presence of worm excrement is recommended. In substitution of this excrement can also be added of bovine or horse origin (in small quantities).
Is it possible to make organic compost with humus without worms?
Of course it is possible! Perhaps making humus compost with worms is the simplest and most common, but there are also other ways to create this type of fertilizer that does not include creating a worm farm.
To create compost or humus without worms or simply increase the amount of this compound in the soil, you must add some organic compounds to the soil, such as peat, manure, guano and many other things.
How to make humus without worms from your home?
It is much more complicated to make organic humus without the presence of worms, however, it is possible and the process consists simply of finding a space large enough to place all the vegetable waste, manure, guano and other elements that you want. add to your mix.
It is very important not to forget the waste of animal origin, that is, the excrement of cattle or even horse.
You must have a lot of control over the different elements that will participate in the creation of the humus, that is, the temperature of the mixture, the humidity of the place and even the presence of some materials that can slow down or damage the process (toxic materials).
How do you know when the hummus is ready?
Your fertilizer will be ready when it takes on a black color similar to coal, since the humus you are creating is young, you should know that the color can also have a brownish hue. It is quite difficult to achieve a purple or reddish color in the humus since it is achieved after spending a long time.
It is important that you understand that it is usually recommended to make the humus fertilizer with worms because it is much more effective and easier to produce and, according to some studies, it has been shown that of 100% of the elements that you include in the soil, only a certain amount close to 10% can be converted into humus.
What are the benefits of organic compost with humus?
- It helps the growth of the plants that you have in your sowing and provides important elements such as nitrogen, potassium, magnesium, among others.
- The fruits produced in your sowing will be much larger, healthier and with a more vivid color.
- Adding humus to your crops makes the soil have the necessary nutrients for the proper development of plants, that is, it makes the soil in which you add this element fertile.
- It’s easy to create and can be done at home without spending inordinate amounts of money.
- It is a completely organic fertilizer, it does not harm the earth, it does not harm food or the environment.
- It can have a double function: first it can be advantageous to retain water in the soil and second, it can also be quite advantageous to let it filter without problems, that is, you have the possibility of using it in different cases and types of crops.
- The presence of humus in the soil helps the roots of the plants to develop better.
- Humus also provides growth regulators and activators.
- It can be supplemented with other types of fertilizer without any problem, for example, with one of the different types of liquid organic fertilizer.
You already know how to create organic humus fertilizer, you also know the advantages and benefits that this type of fertilizer can give your crops, your plants and the earth. But if you still want to know more about this type of fertilizer, we recommend you download the compost and humus pdf document so that you can continue learning more about the fertilizer that can change your life and the success of your planting.
Bet on organic fertilizer, your sowing will not only be healthier for you and for all those who consume it, but you will also be helping to recover the environment and you will damage much less the land on which you sow. Using organic fertilizer not only contributes a grain of sand to the care of our planet, but it also makes what you produce higher quality.